The solution is easier than you think
There are a number of ways I can help you both short term and long. Agency new business is my passion. The thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of seeing agencies win new clients and agency owners grow their investment is what drives me. Each agency is unique, and while there are many common challenges in new business programs, the specific approach I take is customized to your circumstances and your appetite for change. There is nothing more exciting than the experience of landing a new client, a great new client, for everyone in the agency. The morale boost, sense of accomplishment and affirmation of why we got into this business in the first place permeates all parts of the agency.
I focus on the agency brand, prospects, and marketing plan
There are three fundamental steps of a well-tuned new business program and each is interdependent. It is basic marketing and may seem so obvious. In fact, it is what agencies do very well for their clients but somehow forget or overlook, or think they don’t have time to do it for themselves.
- Product – What does your agency brand stand for? Who are you and what do you offer that is unique and different; services, category experience, leadership experience, case studies, special sauce, culture, style, partnerships, etc? How are you different than the fifty others and what is the value to the marketer?
- Prospects – Who is more likely to buy what you offer by industry, geography, sales, sophistication, personality, past agency experience, service needs, etc., by company and by person.
- Plan – How do you find and reach the most likely to buy what you are selling using inbound, outbound, PR, networking, speaking, publishing, blogging, etc.
And after we go through the 3Ps process, we go get 'em with the confidence that success rates will be better because more and better prospects will be in your funnel. Spending time on the first two Ps makes the third P work so much better.
Things I can do next
- Reaching out to verticals, geographies, companies and people
- Prospect list development
- Content planning; social, PR, email, direct, books, speakers, videos
- Outreach; email, cold calling, networking, socializing
- RFP/RFI prep and production
- Presentation prep and production
- Postmortem; internal and external
- Special tactics; spec work, research, prospect domination
- New business hourly consulting
- Marketing strategy consulting
I charge a retainer fee based on hours and scope, paid monthly up front with only a month-to-month commitment. Because of what I do and the long term value from it, I do not work on commission only. I charge for travel as per your company policy. If I am responsible for bringing in new clients, I charge a small commission on net new revenue for the first twelve months. I work to earn your confidence on a thirty-day renewable contract. I sign your NDA and everything about what we do remains strictly confidential.
Don’t take my word for it. Click to read what agency presidents, search consultants and colleagues have to say.
Don't miss any more opportunities. Call or email today.
If you like what you've read and want more new business advice delivered to your inbox sign up for the newsletter.