David Deal. Facebook Profile
Chief marketing officers are becoming business leaders with operational expertise in order to gain the respect of their C-suite peers. Tomorrow’s CMOs will need to master analytics, technology, and innovation. Those are some of the key take-aways of Your CMO Is Changing, a presentation by Forrester Research Vice President and Principal Analyst Sheryl Pattek. She delivered her remarks October 28, 2014, at the Forrester Forum for eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals.
In fact, mastering technology will be essential for tomorrow’s CMOs to succeed — and technology mastery is but one essential ingredient for future success. Pattek outlined these seven necessities for CMOs to thrive tomorrow:
- Have a customer orientation, not a brand orientation.
- Have an analytic mindset.
- Be a savvy technologist.
- Possess digital know-how.
- Be fanatical about innovation.
- Be a broad business leader.
- Be a relationship builder.
read the whole post here