50 Business Professors You Should Follow on Twitter
January 4, 2012
College professors are not all old, stuffy windbags. Many of them are youngish professionals who are embracing social media as a way to interact with students and colleagues and keep up with trends in their fields. Here are 50 business profs with Twitter feeds worth following.
These profs are company chiefs who teach in their off time.
- Glen Gilmore, Esq.: Mr. Gilmore takes time out from teaching marketing at Rutgers and heading the Gilmore Business Network to tweet about social media in business.
- John Heenan: @jheenan brings you tweets about marketing from this adjunct prof at American University and CMO at Luckie & Co.
- Johanna Skilling: She’s a marketing prof at NYU, an author, and executive VP at marketing firm Euro RSCG.
- David Aaker: Mr. Aaker is a professor emeritus at UC Berkeley, an author, and vice-chairman of the marketing company Prophet Brand.
- Beverly Macy: Ms. Macy is the CEO of Gravity Summit LLC and teaches management at UCLA, but she also qualifies for the writers and Twitter all-stars categories.
- Nouriel Roubini: In addition to “tweeter,” his titles include NYU professor, author, blogger, and chairman of Roubini Global Economics.
- Muhammad Yunus: Professor Yunus is “the father of microfinance,” a Nobel laureate, and head of the Yunus Centre.
- Carol Phillips: “Millennials” are the passion of this Notre Dame marketing prof and president of marketing firm Brand Amplitude.
- Allen H. Kupetz: Allen is the president of Kpartnerz, Inc., an international market research company, and he teaches international business at the Crummer Graduate School of Business.
- Alan See: Mr. See’s resume includes associate professor for the University of Phoenix and vice president of marketing at Mindleaders.